Thursday, March 30, 2006

Sohbet



As-Salaam Wa Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatahu,

Hope this post finds you all in the best of health and happiness, Insh'allah.

Recently, I returned to the States from my place of education
and found myself in the midst of a series of undesirable situations. I was being tested, truly. But it's difficult to face adversities of a spiritual nature all by yourself. No doubt, Success and Barakah is with the Jama'at. Where to find such a Jama'at?

I began my search by making a sincere intention, and dua to Allah
asking for good company and a rightly guided teacher. Good company, because the Hadith of the Prophet, talking about how you will be judged and raised with those who you keep company with. Time and time again, I heard the hadith of how, in the akhirah, "...you will be with those you love". This narration always had me thinking, be careful of the love of temporary baubles, trinkets and gadgets(Trans: Rubbish). Be careful of the love and desire of that which takes you far from Allah, lest you be raised with the Ahle-garbage in the akhira.

Dhikr = The task of scrubbing the accumulated grime of sins from the heart. The manner of the dhikr i took part in that day, was so beautiful in it's practice, in delivery, in it's recitation. Afterwards, when I had the honour of meeting the Shaykh*, I was instantly drawn to his gentle and fatherly demeanor. The power of his presence. The message he was teaching was the closest to how the Prophet behaved and lived. No scholarly theory or exegesis, but practice, and teaching by example.

*Make no mistake O' detractors, naysayers and doubters: Anyone who remembers Allah is honoured by Allah. Anyone who does so regularly is rasied even higher. Those who not only commit to making Dhikr themselves, but encourage and influence others as well...well, it only gets better.

When he looked at me directly in the eyes, and told me, "You need to work harder on yourself. You know what I'm talking about, don't you?"
Indeed I did.

That was a month ago.

I took bayt(pledge) with Shaykh and was initiated into the Naqshbandi Osmanli-Haqqani Order. Alhamdulillah. It is Allah alone who Guides.
Subhan'Allah, W'Alhamdulillah, Wa La ilaha Ill'Allah, W'Allahu Akbar. Wa La Hawla Wa La Quwwata, Illa Billa Hil Alliyyul Azeem! The first step is taken. Now, to be true to my oath, this is the task set for me. I ask Allah to give me strength and good character and patience to face the trials ahead. Ameen.

We must be loyal and firm and give value to the oaths we take by fulfilling them. I ask Allah to guide all of us, and unite us, family and non-family, friends and strangers, not in the name of bloodshed or hate, but in the name of Love. For the Love of Allah and his Prophet! Ameen, Ya Rabbil Alameen.

1 Comments:

At 4/02/2006 9:30 PM, Blogger WarriorEtte said...

Salaams

Mash`allah nice blog Brother.

Thanks for the comment on my blog. It helped alot.

Ive never noticed this blog, Inshallah I have added you to my links.

And will be spending some time on yours. Ive just noticed some great sohbets.

Wasalams

Warriorette

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter code